Looking for a truly healthy snack bar? These raw vegan energy bars require only a handful of pantry staples and are super nutritious.
Not only are they totally kid-approved, but you can also let your kids help make them and choose fun coatings!
Take these healthy raw energy bars with you for a midday snack or serve them to your guests. They take only 20 minutes to make!
Why you’ll love it
- Highly customizable
- Perfect for meal prep
- Great fuel & treat
- Sweet, chewy and crunchy
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below and leave a rating!
Raw Energy Bars
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dates chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp cocoa powder optional
- Desiccated coconut
- Sesame seeds
- Place almonds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- Add chopped dates, apricots and lemon juice. Process until well combined and a sticky ball forms.
- Stop and scrape down the sides or add a splash of water if needed!
- Press the dough into a parchment paper-lined baking dish using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then cut into small bites or bars with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- Other dried fruits you can use are figs, raisins or cranberries; swaps nuts and seeds for walnuts, cashews, hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla or other spices if you like!
- These raw energy bars keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.