Looking for fluffy vegan dinner rolls made from healthy ingredients? Try this beginner-friendly recipe that tastes so much better than store-bought!
These seeded rolls are versatile, grillable, can be used as hamburger buns or served with soup and other vegan sides.
Once formed, you can give the rolls a second rise if you have extra time on your hand, then bake them until crusty!
Why you’ll love them
- Wonderful bite
- Nutty hint
- Versatile side
- Crusty & tender
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below and leave a rating!
Seeded Vegan Dinner Rolls
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Warm soy milk and vegan butter in the microwave until lukewarm.
- Mix with a spoon, then add the yeast and sugar. Stir and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the warm milk mixture and orange juice and stir until a ball forms.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead for at least 5 minutes. The dough should be a bit bouncy but tacky and smooth! Add extra flour as needed.
- Place the kneaded dough back into the mixing bowl and cover with a humid towel. Let it rest for one hour in a warm area.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the dough in 8 portions and shape each of them into smooth balls using your hands.
- Place them next to each other on the prepared baking sheet, brush with additional soy milk and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then serve warm!