What’s better than a good vegan burger? It’s layered with different textures and flavors, satisfies any cravings and is really family-friendly.
Our black bean lentil burger recipe is packed with protein, fiber and simple pantry staples to create a delicious and nutritious dinner.
Customize it to your preferences, use your favorite sauces and burger fixings and enjoy it during your next BBQ or garden party.
Try this kidney bean burger next!
Why you’ll love it
- Perfect for non-vegans
- Satisfying dinner idea
- Nutrient- and protein-packed
- Flavorful & easy to make
- Wonderfully textured
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below and leave a rating!
Black Bean Lentil Burger
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup button mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 15- oz can black beans drained
- ½ cup cooked brown lentils drained
- ½ cup instant oats
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
For the burgers
- Burger buns
- Vegan mayo
- Ketchup or BBQ sauce
- Vegan cheese slice
- Place a pan over medium heat and add onion, garlic, oil and mushrooms. Sauté for 6-8 minutes until soft and fragrant. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Add beans, lentils and instant oats to a food processor and pulse until roughly broken down but still textured.
- Put the mixture into the bowl with the sautéd veggies and add the remaining ingredients for the patties. Mix and mash with a spoon until well combined.
- Divide into 8 patties (½ inch thick) and fry them on both sides in a pan until crispy on the outside.
- Assemble with your favorite fixings and serve warm!
- The lentils can be replaced with more beans or cooked quinoa or rice.
- Try different spices and like chili, cumin, cayenne, parsley and paprika in your burger patties!