Do you love soup as much as we do? With all that variety in ingredients and flavors, how can anyone get bored of soup?
This dreamy coconut curry soup is packed with healthy vegetables, fully vegan, and requires little prep time.
Use up any veggies you have in the fridge and customize this soup by using your favorite spices! It’ll soon become a weekly staple in your house.
Why you’ll love it
- Only one pot needed
- Minimal prep & clean up
- Easily customizable
- Packed with flavor & nutrients
- So warming and satisfying
- Onion & garlic (essential aromatics)
- Curry, ginger, garam masala, chili, salt (these offer some deep & wonderful flavors)
- Potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, bok choy (your favorite veg will do)
- Vegetable broth & coconut milk (for the flavorful and creamy soup base)
Find replacements for these ingredients further down in the article.
How to make coconut curry soup
- Cook onion and garlic in coconut oil using a large soup pot.
- Add the spices (curry powder, ginger powder, garam masala, chili flakes, and salt) and sauté them while frequently stirring to develop the flavors.
- Add potatoes and some vegetable broth. Keep cooking until slightly soft.
- Add the remaining vegetable broth, carrots, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the bok choy. Once it has softened, add half a lemon and a small handful of parsley to the pot.
- Stir to combine, then let the flavors soak for a few minutes. Remove the lemon.
- Divide the soup between bowls and garnish it with coconut milk and fresh parsley.
Tips & adjustments
- Curry powder can be replaced with curry paste.
- Add a pinch of cumin, soy sauce, fresh ginger, or cinnamon if wanted!
- For a thicker soup, add some coconut milk earlier during the cooking process.
What to use for curry soup
This recipe is highly customizable, so feel free to add your favorite fixings. Here are some suggestions:
- Vegan chicken
- Bell pepper
- Snap peas
- Green beans
- Sweet potato
- Green onion
- Cashews or peanuts
Prep & storage
You can chop all of the veggies ahead of time and store them in a sealed container in the fridge. Once you’re ready to cook coconut curry soup, all you need to do is heat your pot and add the veggies step by step!
Any leftover soup needs to be cooled completely, then stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
Note: storing this curry soup doesn’t work well if you add noodles because they will become mushy over time!
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below and leave a rating!