Get ready for a meal-prep-friendly dinner idea that’ll boost your energy and fill you up for hours on end. Getting enough protein as a vegan is no problem with easy recipes like this one!
With simple components like canned chickpeas, quinoa, broccoli and other veggies, you can create a satisfying high-protein dinner bowl that’s endlessly customizable to your needs.
Store the tofu sour cream separately if you make it during meal prep and take your pre-made, filling lunch with you over the next few days.
Why you’ll love it
- Perfect for meal prep
- Highly customizable
- Packed with protein & fiber
- Satisfying & delicious
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below and leave a rating!
Tasty Vegan Protein Bowl
- 2 ½ cups sweet potato cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced
- ¾ cup cooked chickpeas drained
- Pinch paprika powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup quinoa dry
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- ½ avocado sliced
- Tofu sour cream to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms and chickpeas with paprika and salt.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and place in the oven.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until soft and crunchy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once it’s done, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Make the tofu sour cream in a blender following our recipe above.
- Once all components are ready, divide them between serving bowls and enjoy!
- Other add-ins include roasted red pepper, onion, tempeh, tofu, salsa, guacamole or cooked rice.
- Make this bowl lower in carbs by reducing quinoa and lower in fat by omitting avocado.