Isn’t white lasagna the queen of all lasagna?
With a dreamy cashew blender “cheese” sauce and flavorful sautéed fall vegetables in the filling, this lasagna keeps everyone coming back for more.
It’s a great way to eat more veggies and you can turn the melty cheese sauce into a high-protein topping if you like! Find out how in the notes below.
Make this recipe even easier by using frozen spinach for the filling and serve this vegan white lasagna on a weeknight! It’s definitely fancy enough for entertaining guests, too.
Why you’ll love it
- Undetectably vegan
- Delicious & crowd-pleasing
- Ultimate comfort food
- Family-friendly & great for date night
- Bursting with fall flavors
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below and leave a rating!
Vegan White Lasagna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cups button mushrooms
- 2 cups pumpkin finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme
- 4 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package no-boil lasagna sheets
- Vegan parmesan cheese or shreds optional
- White sauce
- 1 ½ cups cashews soaked and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add pumpkin, thyme and mushrooms and cook until they have released most of their liquid, stirring frequently.
- Now, stir in the baby spinach and soy milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and prepare a casserole dish.
- Make the white sauce by adding all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth, adjust to taste preferences, then set aside.
- Layer the lasagna by alternating between the veggies, white sauce and lasagna sheets. Finish with a layer of white sauce, then sprinkle with additional vegan cheese shreds or mozzarella if wanted.
- Cover the dish with a lid or foil and place it on the middle rack in the oven for 40 minutes.
- You can remove the lid for the last 10 minutes to let the top brown!
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Add other veggies like carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, leeks or celery to the filling! We like to stir in some vegan ricotta sometimes, too.
- Replace some cashews in the white sauce with cannellini beans to bump up the protein content.
- Spice up your lasagna by adding liquid smoke, garlic powder, basil, parsley or other spices to the filling.